WoTMafia Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WoTMafia Wars

Wheel of Time Mafia Wars - Daes Dae'mar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions

+9
Avaine
keya
Weir
Jessea
Jennifer
Tarinen
Caraghan
callisto
Admin
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Admin

Admin

I posted the night actions for those interested...my bad I thought I posted them earlier. There is not very many of them. Might give some better insight into balance as well, for some suggestions.

https://daesdaemar.forumotion.com

52Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 pm

Tarinen

I would suggest almost everyone start out as a house member, with a couple less darkfriends who are also house members, but not the head of houses.

53Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:05 am

Admin

Admin

Oh and Tarinen, I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions and am definitely taking them into account as well, not bad ideas at all Smile I just want to add the following for clarification

Yes, it was very likely a house would recruit a darkfriend and I wanted it to be a good possibility. As such, I tried to do everything I could to allow the High Seats to remain anonymous and control which members knew of each other (if any). Part of the idea behind that was that while it may not necessarily be great for a house, it is also a detriment to the dark friends as half their funds would be taken away and they could be kept in isolation, until the High Seat could find out their allegiance.

In regards to finding out affiliations, which I am not sure you mentioned, just adding this for clarification as well. The House invest affiliation was quite expensive, if I run this again I would probably make this cheaper. I tried to include a lot of other investigation methods as well though. I figured it wouldn't be fair to the darkfriends if this were purchasable at the normal store, giving everyone the possibility of finding out every darkfriend very early on. So I had the Investigative Reporter who could invest day and night should he choose and anonymously report his findings. I also included a couple vials which would help determine allegiance, only one was found. The two people born with the inherent channeling ability also had an action to eavesdrop which would give them hints about the affiliation of their target. Both channelers did well and used this, If I recall correctly they both just had terrible rolls when they did.

I also added the Children of the Light thing, which Jessea got, she just got it taken away pretty much right after *comfort*

Overall, I really did try to balance out the fact that there were darkfriends being recruited with the abilities anyone could purchase, as well as find.

54Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:44 am

kaylie

Since the DF's knew of atleast knew of 3-4 other DF's I really do not understand how the town had a chance. The DF's target quickly while the town can not afford to just kill random people. If i would have tried to kill someone then I may have gotten caught and blah blah. Fun and great idea but it would have taken a great amount of lucky to win.

55Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

Weir

Food for thought: after Dare died, our DF cell was fully prepared to kill off the entire rest of Dare's cell if they did not comply Twisted Evil

56Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 am

Jennifer

Kaylie, the df's did NOT start out the game knowing each other. It was formatted exactly the same as every other mafia game. A DF cell with 4 df's who don't know each other and a head df who does know everyone.

And yeah, I kept telling Weir that if any of the new df's didn't send their money to him, I was going to kill them that night lol.

57Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am

Tarinen

The df portion may be the same but in other game the town isn't split into three, and then four factions who need to eliminate one another to win. It changed from a two sided (townie, df, with some independents for fun) to a 6 sided (townie, house 1-2-3-4, df) game, and the df side started with two cells of 5 while each house started with 1 and no sure allies. Sure, the dfs didnt know each other from the start, but neither did the houses who were smart and kept the head of the house anonymous. None of the houses were even in 6 days able to come even close to the strength of 1 df cell just in sheer number of players working together.

Just look at what happened, the forums are all opened now. None of the townies were able to work together, and all of the houses had darkfriends in them and had the trust of the heads of the houses simply because they had no other option but to trust their house members. Of the four people I had planned on inviting to my house, 1 was head of another house, and 3 were darkfriends. Simply because I basically had to just randomly guess and hope I picked the right person or I would have lost due to me working alone and two groups of 5 dfs working against me.

I'm sure it was fun for the darkfriends working together and taking over, but for the rest of us....not so much. I was really excited about this game and while it was crappy that I died early I was cool with it at the time, but as I watched the game progress past night 2 I realized nothing was really going on townie wise and it all just looked confusing. Clearly dfs were organized and there was nothing the town could really do to stop them.

I hope I'm not coming across as just mad that I lost....I'm just trying to be honest. I wouldn't play this game again if it were done the same way. There was a lot of potential but it's totally one-sided.

58Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 am

Jennifer

Tarinen, I completely understand what you're saying and I agree with you that this game was probably very difficult for the town to win, given how fractured LS was. I was actually extremely surprised when you told me that you and I were the only ones in the house. Elated, but surprised.

I seized every advantage I was given this game and I was give a LOT.

Also, I should give credit where credit is due: My husband really helped me scheme a lot this game. He came up with some elaborate plots to help us win and so he played a big part in our team. It was him that convinced me to contact Dare and get him to work with me. Up till that point, I wanted to avoid contact with the other Chosen in order to protect myself. He normally doesn't involve himself in our games beyond being a sounding board for my ideas but this time he was pulled in and started scheming himself. One of these days I'll get him to actually play!!

59Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 am

Gnarsh

A suggestion:

Longer day deadlines. Maybe two to three times the length. I felt the phases could rush by too fast before everyone could argue who should/n't be lynched.

60Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Vladi

Jennifer wrote:I can definitely see how it could be unbalancing, but you have to keep in mind that had we not actually decided to work together, it would be a very very different story.
I had the second highest bid for the master assassin on Night 1. If I would have won the bid and taken you out, the game would have been completely different from that point on.

61Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Jennifer

lol

62Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Admin

Admin

Tarinen, I don't think you are mad. I understand the town side was probably confusing and underpowered.

If we ever decide to host this again. The houses will probably start off with at least 1 person they can trust (if not 2). I really do think I made it far too easy for the Darkfriends to gain control. Granted, the heads of the houses did have the option to remain anonymous and not reveal information, but at the same time you have to roll the dice and gamble if you want to get ahead. But giving the houses a slight head start on recruitment may help balancing it out somewhat.

As for the darkfriends I will probably lower the numbers but keep the general idea in place. Maybe 8 total Darkfriends, 2 forsaken each with a cell of 3.

We really do appreciate the feedback, keep it coming.

63Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Tarinen

That sounds a lot more reasonable. WTB a signup thread Razz

64Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Dura

The only problem I could see was that there were too many Darkfriends, especially since they could also convert.

I did enjoy my role, however. It was fun seeing what I'd written appear in the newspaper.

65Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:38 am

Vladi

I did not see everything that went on since I died so early, but it seems to me that the Twon did not have much chance. In addition to letting the houses start off with two people, you might consider letting the #2 guy have some special power. Healing seems like a good choice. That way, he can protect either the boss or the front man as necessary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum