WoTMafia Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WoTMafia Wars

Wheel of Time Mafia Wars - Daes Dae'mar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions

+9
Avaine
keya
Weir
Jessea
Jennifer
Tarinen
Caraghan
callisto
Admin
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Suggestions Empty Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Admin

Admin

Here is a place to discuss any suggestions, critique, give advice, etc etc

https://daesdaemar.forumotion.com

2Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

callisto

Loved the newspaper, loved the money system...had a lot of fun.

More items!

3Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Caraghan

How exactly did one find items? Hehe

4Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Admin

Admin

Oh there were LOTS more items, I should post a list somewhere...

Items are placed in random areas of town and if you RP in that area, you receive a message asking you if you want to investigate further.

For example, Kitara posted about exploring an attic, before the game started I hid a dagger there.

5Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Tarinen

WAY too many darkfriends. You basically made a 5 sided game where 1 of the sides started with 10 members and was able to infiltrate/get info from all the other sides, and all know who each other are from the start. This game would have been very fun with the three houses fighting over each other and the independent role. Yes, darkfriends were way overpowered.

6Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Jennifer

There were 2 df factions and we didn't know each other until the night before Dare died. We each had 5 members and the df's didn't know each other. Only the chosen knew each df in their cell.

There was a risk of df's killing each other off as well as Chosen killing each other for the power bonuses.

7Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Jessea

But at the same time - each of the four houses were killing eachother....

It was a six sided game and your (well our, I guess) side had the most players.

8Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Weir

There needed to be more incentive for the DFs in each cell and the 2 DF cells to kill each other off, like maybe a lot less power to the Chosen at the start. As it was, it was much more beneficial for us to just work together in our cell the entire time.

As it was, however, there were what, 3 lynchings, the entire game and only one of those was a darkfriend? I mean come on, people, the whole point is for the Town to lynch darkfriends during the day Razz

9Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:48 pm

Admin

Admin

Yeah I can see that point too, it is one of the reasons why none of the dfs knew eachother from the beginning. They all had reasons to backstab and fight amongst themselves as well as with the town.

I agree about the different factions though. One of the ideas I had (if I do this particular game again) is to start each house off with one or two members they can automatically trust, then work on recruiting from there.

10Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:48 pm

keya

The minute the Chosen revealed herself (much like head of the house), she was really vulnerable, and only the two chosen knew their 5 darkfriends. One of the biggest distraction for DFs in the beginning - far from killing townies, was for the chosen to kill the other chosen, who represented the biggest threat.

Killing the other chosen meant the remaining Chosen could use some rather uber powers at will without risk of being revealed. Whereas if the other chosen was alive, and one chosen used the powers, the other chosen would probably find out who it was and target them.

So really in terms of sheer power, there were a lot of constraints. And there was every incentive for the 5 to turn on the other 5 and focus on that. That was the part where we were really weak.

11Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Caraghan

Yeah, there was a lot of discussion on whether or not to kill Dare through MSN. Honestly though, I think Jenn's DF team could have won handily Very Happy. We were organized on Day 1 and Dare's team didn't organize (or so we think) around Day 5ish.

MVP for this game I would have to say is Weir. He infiltrated 2 houses, had to feed Saighan false info, had to feed Maravin false info, without ever crossing stories, and had to keep coming up with reason's he had no gold. Cudos, great job Weir. (Jenn the mastermind was a close second! Now I understand Keya's number 1 rule, Don't trust Jenn!

12Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 pm

keya

I also thought the lack of lynchings was really interesting. There was actually zero incentive to lynch anyone since this time factions had money to do night actions and in fact staying quiet or at least not being seen lynching people (say as Callisto did) was safer I guess.

13Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:51 pm

keya

Hehe.. yeah this is one game I need not worry about having trusted Jenn Wink (When she is the Forsaken I serve! *worships abjectly*)

14Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Jessea

Suggestions!

I really like the gold. It made it so that there were NO vanilla townies. Anyone could do anything if they could find a way to control the flow of the money. I wouldn't be opposed to this everygame.

The RP controlling the outcome of the player is also fun. We need to watch that no one character becomes too powerful though...I was pretty close to that - with 3 possible actions per day. Perhaps in future games only one job can be held at a time and if you find a new one you have to give up your old one.

My conversion. I do not understand why a side should be able to increase there power when the head dies. When Tarinen died none of the other houses were able to gain from it - why should the darkfriends? Yes there was a chance of infighting between the darkfriends. However, due to the numbers involved, (4 vs 2) the odds were even greater that bloodshed would occur between the houses.

Further when someone is converted, why did they have to lose all their former abilities? It made no sense to me as to why I wouldn't continue to use Jac and Lady Innloine as a darkfriend.

15Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Admin

Admin

All valid points. When considering the balance I would also like to point out (and not to be mean or anything, there were many excellent players on the town side as well) that a lot of town members...never really *did* anything with what they had available to them. That may be because it was too confusing or I dunno... If you look over the night actions there are less from the town than I expected. That is one of the reasons it is very hard for me to gauge the balance in this game and why all these suggestions are so important. I appreciate the feedback regarding this.

16Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Weir

Re: Jessea and Tarinen dying without other Houses gaining. We actually gauged whether or not we would kill of Kaylie and the High Seat of Maravin (Ichot, which I guessed at and was right about eventually, though I didn't know because he never told me) by whether or not the other Houses stood to gain from it.

That could be one good change to a game like this one. Provide an incentive for each House to kill off the High Seats of the other Houses, like maybe they get all the gold from the other High Seat coffers to do what they will with, or an extra ability, or something.

17Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Jessea

Lastly and most importantly why the bloody hell didn't Kaylie or Ichot investigate Weir! Wink I fully expected to be investigated. The ability was right there in front of them. Instead they chose to take him at his word...the biggest mistake you can make in these games!

Never trust anyone unless they have been investigated and even then realize that they are probably the highest!

Oh lastly did Jen have investigative protection? I tried to investigate her MULTIPLE times and they all failed.

18Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 pm

keya

Well also, as Jennifer kept reminding us - every day that went, the Houses would grow stronger. We had to work with the knowledge that the longer the game went on, the more difficulty we would have. I think in another two days, the game would have looked very different.

19Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Weir

And honestly, yes, the DF side might have been slightly overpowered, but the Town really dropped the ball on not lynching people, or not investigating people (I was never investigated by either of the two Houses I was in), etc., not to mention our cell had some really nice luck (Tarinen got investigated almost immediately and killed off because of talking to someone about their role outside of the Mafia game, I got invited into two Houses on Day 1 and made the spy of 1, given access to both, us not getting investigated, me investigating Dare and us figuring out he was a DF and the other Chosen shortly before he was lynched later, etc.)

20Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Jennifer

Jessea, your conversion was due to an ability called Compulsion that I only gained because Dare died (which I tried really really hard to prevent ><). Part of the risks of using the One Power to alter your mind is that you may "forget" things. That's why you lost your abilities. Unfortunately.

I don't know why you failed your investigations. I only had immunity after Dare died.

Weir was investigated the night he was brought into the Houses (I believe) but we bought him a false investigation, so he turned up innocent.

21Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Weir

Jessea - Jenn received investigation immunity from being revealed as a Darkfriend only after Dare died, so any of the ones you tried (like with Jac and the CoL ability you gained) simply failed in the rolls.

22Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Avaine

Come on. There was no reason for the darkfriends to turn on each other. I'd rather have the voting power of 10 people than the ability to turn the day into night once.

Also, there was no real point to joining a house. Half my income went to Fogel (if I got any), and if I wasn't as stingy as I was with my money I don't think I would have been able to protect myself through night three, if that. The prices might have been a bit much for what they advertised. What were the odds of the cheapest assassin killing someone?

I'm just bummed the game ended after only 6 nights.

You're a good moderator, you responded to mails and posts quickly, and have some good ideas Jez.

23Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Weir

I was never actually investigated, at least not by Maravin, maybe Kaylie investigated me.

24Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Jessea

Why? The houses could recruit as many people voluntarily as would sign up.

As a head in my last day trying desperately to get people, a number of vanilla townies made it clear that they did not want to get involved in the game.

Forcing people to join only makes them stay for 2 days, they can then leave at their discretion...or stick around and spy on you.

(I know Weir - that was the point of my little rant! Razz )

25Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Admin

Admin

Jessea wrote:Suggestions!

I really like the gold. It made it so that there were NO vanilla townies. Anyone could do anything if they could find a way to control the flow of the money. I wouldn't be opposed to this everygame.

Thank you, I am glad you liked it! Smile

Jessea wrote:
The RP controlling the outcome of the player is also fun. We need to watch that no one character becomes too powerful though...I was pretty close to that - with 3 possible actions per day. Perhaps in future games only one job can be held at a time and if you find a new one you have to give up your old one.

Yea that makes sense, and I agree. One of the reasons that I didn't do that this time was due to balance reasons I put those things in there, like the Child of the Light thing available to the first one to approach. Since you were the first, and you already had lady innloine's, I honestly considered waiting but nobody else did anything with it, so I figured I might as well give it to you since I did say it would be the first player Very Happy

Also going along with this idea, I did the same with items, though some people still ended up with more than one. There were some posts where three or more items would have been discovered in one post alone, so I decided that people can only find 1 a day and if they post several locations in one post they would get the chance to discover the item hidden in the first location mentioned.

With items, I also have an idea I would implement in future games that if it requires you to actively use it, and you don't in X amount of days, then the item goes missing.

Jessea wrote:
My conversion. I do not understand why a side should be able to increase there power when the head dies. When Tarinen died none of the other houses were able to gain from it - why should the darkfriends? Yes there was a chance of infighting between the darkfriends. However, due to the numbers involved, (4 vs 2) the odds were even greater that bloodshed would occur between the houses.

I honestly didn't expect a darkfriend to get to the Head of the House so quickly, let alone three. I thought it would be a bit harder...I will have to take that into consideration.

Jessea wrote:
Further when someone is converted, why did they have to lose all their former abilities? It made no sense to me as to why I wouldn't continue to use Jac and Lady Innloine as a darkfriend.

There was a chance you would lose your former abilities...you just happened to fail that roll. The chance is somewhat high though because I felt it would be too overpowered for the darkside to convert one person who keeps all of their abilities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum