WoTMafia Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WoTMafia Wars

Wheel of Time Mafia Wars - Daes Dae'mar

You are not connected. Please login or register

Discussion

+8
kaylie
Tauril
keya
Jessea
Jennifer
Weir
Caraghan
Admin
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Discussion Empty Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Admin

Admin

Here you can discuss things with other players, tell people they did a great job, or yell at them for fooling you! Be nice to each other though Smile

https://daesdaemar.forumotion.com

2Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Caraghan

If this post makes no sense, read the sticky-I wasn't sure if Jez wanted me posting there.

Psh, I don't think the DF's were overpowered, I just think we were awesomesauce! But really, only Jenn (and Dare) actually had any abilities-Jenn's group at least was just VERY organized. And we were pretty lucky too. And we had a very good group of Mafia players.

3Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Weir

Weee, go us! Sorry if I hurt Jessea, Ichot, or Kaylie's feelings, I infiltrated both House Maravin and House Saighan and brought them crashing to the ground, starting Day 1 Twisted Evil

4Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Jennifer

Yeah, Weir played a HUGE part in our success. Good job!

5Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Jessea

You hurt my feelings not in the least! It's all part of the game.

The only thing that bugs me is why on earth neither one of them investigated you (that was a HUGE mistake!) and that at the moment I took over the house I was converted.

I had made a huge push for our house too. I would have had 6 (non darkfriend) members if I had another 24 hours to work on it.

Maravin really could have been something... *sigh*

The only person I hold to blame is Ichot! *tickle* Well I look forward to killing you all next game. I need another sociopathic killer role. It's therapeutic. Wink

6Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Admin

Admin

Oh and I wanted to say that SO many of you were so creative this game! You all did excellent, I really try to encourage that creativity. The apothecary was due to Gem, Callisto and Jessea both had awesome ideas to open up their own stores totally taking off in different and interesting directions with those. I can't name everyone off the top of my head just want to give you all a big thumbs up Smile

7Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

keya

Just to clarify a bit on the promotion/demotion thing in case anyone is wondering - I realized I wasn't going to be as active as the role required because of some irl stuff so requested that someone else take my place and I get a less activity-related role, and I really appreciate your facilitating that Jezebel - thank you.

Kudos to our team really. In the beginning we weren't anything like what we became. We had a lot of fun on our secret forums and msn discussions every day or so. The main weakness for our side was that if we decided we didn't trust each other (or if we trusted and then someone decided to backstab us), then it would be really bad, because we had only 5. I think the fact that money mattered so much made it clear in a sense that we needed the numbers we had, and also I really enjoyed playing as a team and discussing stuff out. Everybody had good ideas and suggestions and it was fun.

The best part for me was how once we decided to trust each other, we actually became a VERY strong unit. We got house after house, and I think always felt in control of the game. Jennifer led us well, right from the beginning when she stressed that we had to seize the advantage.

We had a couple of abilities that really kicked in for us - false investigation and spying for another House. Because we were pooling in our information, I think it REALLY helped us protect each other and lie to House heads etc.

I loved the newspaper, I just wish I could have read it directly (since we weren't supposed to 'quote' mafia posts). Anyway irl I love reading the newspaper and this was so much fun. A couple of days Jenn forgot to say what was in it or would just say 'oh nothing much happened' and I would be like 'aaargh..I want to know EVERY juicy detail.' And then one time I remember she started saying what was in it, and I think the rest of us were totally analyzing everything in it and going over all the 'what ifs' Very Happy.

Just from how it felt to play it (I'm leaving analytical, structurally helpful criticism to Caraghan!) - I definitely felt like I was in the middle of a lot of scheming. If we hadn't had such solid communication/trust going on between us, I knew that things would have been VERY hard for us, because you were always conscious of how many ways there were of lying to practically everyone Wink.

Anyway.. that's my woooot for my team and to Jezebel and everyone for a fun game Very Happy

8Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

keya

Also, if people were getting roles for their RP, why didn't I get a protection role for my RP??? *loom Jezebel*

Trees give shade, food and life.
Humankind would not have survived without trees.

9Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Admin

Admin

LOL Keya, your right, I should have made you the Avendoraldera tree Smile

10Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Caraghan

[Analytical, structurally helpful criticism]

First off, this game was very different in terms of the town, there wasn't really a solid 'town' faction. This is evidenced by the 4? lynch votes, one by Callisto and one my last minute Dura one (sorry kiddo Very Happy). There was also only 11 pages, when normally they go to the 30's. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just saying it was a very different style who really catered to mafiosos like me who really only post RP blabber, and do the real stuff through pm's and MSN.

Secondly (well, kind of firstly still) I think the 6? factions (4 houses and 2 DF factions, plus the town) added a whole new level of gameplay. It wasn't as simple as discover the DF's and lynch them, but there was a lot of scheming going on between houses, which really helped the DF's out. I also think 1 DF team would have been good, as our 1 team essentially ran the game (well it's true!) Especially considering the other houses were fighting amongst themselves, so we didn't even have to kill everyone. Also, killing someone didn't make you an automatic DF/SK in this game, although that didn't really crop up.

Third is the lack (well, change) of roles. It was very helpful for a solid, defined faction because we could pool our resources (every day each person sent their money to Jenn/Weir, and they redistributed) and do lots of coordinated actions; but from reading the house forums it looks like the other factions really just had everyone do their own thing. I also think a -few- more roles might have been nice, especially amongst the underdog town.

The newspaper/gold/gambling was super cool, and a very refreshing twist. Like you said, there was a lot to do in this game, and I think most of us (myself included) barely scratched the surface.

[/Analytical, structurally helpful criticism]

(for now)

11Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Jennifer

All in all, I thought this was a great game. I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it! Smile

12Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Tauril

Sorry I didn't influence anything much. I didn't want to join a house, which apparently was controlled by DF's mostly any how. My ability to channel was limited at the beginning so I didn't want it to backfire so I waited until I could get a higher ability. I did feel a big surge of channeling but I couldn't really say that.

Was I the only townie that survived?

I wasn't really planning on killing as a townie with no info. I felt left out of the loop, probably because I didn't join a house.

13Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 am

kaylie

I just do not understand how DF's worked together so perfect. How the hell did you figure out who was who and go so quickly. To be honest I just do not see how the town stood a chance. Fun idea though.

14Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:28 am

kaylie

Oh so t he DF's knew who were DF's?

15Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:22 am

Callesa

oh no, Jessea... and I trusted you...

the worst thing was that I haven´t got internet access from home since the beginning of last week so I was playing from time to time from other places... if that was better, I could have done more (or be killed for it...btw the channeling is really fine in this game) I apologize to the Light side...but nevertheless I liked the game, it is wonderful that there are no real vanilla townies...

Im looking forward to the next one, hopefully with the internet..

and congratulations to darkies... :-)

btw how did I die? I didn´t find it so far... I was killed automatically when they won?

16Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:30 am

Weir

Jennifer fireballed you.

17Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 am

Jessea

Callesa I was only a darkfriend for the last 24 hours. I was changed at the end of the day phase. I didn't trick you. Smile

18Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:22 am

Gnarsh

keya wrote:Also, if people were getting roles for their RP, why didn't I get a protection role for my RP??? *loom Jezebel*

The Doctor a tad OP as well? :/

19Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:24 am

Gnarsh

kaylie wrote:Oh so t he DF's knew who were DF's?

The DF's did not know the other DF's in their group. Only the forsaken leading that group knew the DF's following them, and even they did not know anything about the other Forsaken group.

Jennifer took a risk, and it payed off, due to some superb coordination and team spirit! (Read: No one tried to kill Jennifer. Except Caraghan Night One apparently...)

20Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Dura

*gasp*

You were a Darkfriend Jessea!? At least I know for sure that Aaminah didn't have an ulterior motive in RPing with me. lol

21Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Jessea

But I wasn't!!!!!

I was converted at the very end.

22Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Caraghan

I tried to kill Dura then changed to Vladi! I wouldn't kill Jenn, she's to scheming for that Razz

23Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Dura

Jessea wrote:But I wasn't!!!!!

I was converted at the very end.

Too latesz!!!1

I wish we could have spent some more time as a team, though. lol

24Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 pm

keya

Couple of things I wasn't too happy with - killing off shante and killing off gem. This is like Shante's second game on mafia and both games she's been killed off night one.

And Gem/Jennifer/Jezebel etc. are obvious targets I guess, I don't know what to do about that, but it kind of sucks. If I were them I would just make an alt and play on that and I think the mods should allow for that Razz

25Discussion Empty Re: Discussion Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Caraghan

Yeah Gem, Jennifer, Jezebel, Jessea, and Callisto always seem to targeted early simply because they're good player, which is kind of lame to me...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum