WoTMafia Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WoTMafia Wars

Wheel of Time Mafia Wars - Daes Dae'mar

You are not connected. Please login or register

A message to the High lord or lady.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A message to the High lord or lady. Empty A message to the High lord or lady. Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Jessea

My lord or lady,

I wish to thank you for bringing me into your fold. With the death of the King and the constant threat of violence times seem dark for Cairhien.

However it is at the moment of greatest danger that one can also possibly attain the greatest reward. It is time for house Maravin to take it's rightful place. I feel I can be of service in this effort. I suggest we make a three pronged attack.

1. The first place we can strike is at the economy. The general store is offering items at exorbitant prices for the general populace. If you would allow me sell the goods from our shop in my store at a substantial markup we could rake in significantly more gold from the public.

This can also be used to our advantage in other ways. I can deliver to you my list of sales for the day. If someone purchased something from me that you do not feel that should have...say protection for example...we could just forget to fill that order.

2. The other houses. We need to know who they are. We need to get someone inside. Someone who can let us know what they plot. Someone trusted. I don't know if you have anyone who could be spared for such a purpose but it is something I hope you have considered.

3. The dark. I hate to be so blunt but when there are fishheads and blood in the water, you don't have to see the silverpike to know they are there. I believe our improved economy may help shield us from them. At the same time it may allow us to use them to dispose of the competition. However we must be certain that when the time comes they are the ones who hang.

In the end I am but your servant. I wish for nothing more than for you to guide my hand. If you ever feel the need for an adviser, someone you know you can trust, just know that I am here.

May you find yourself sheltered in the palm of the creators hand,

Jessea Donnachaidh

2A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:08 pm

House_Maravin

I have heard good things about you Jessea.

I am especially interested in your idea to sell goods at a cheaper price than the general store.

I think this would actually help us in 2 ways.

Not only will we be able to add additional coin to the house coffers but we will also be able to see who is not already affiliated with a house.

If someone is affiliated with a house they should be getting the similar deals that we get. so, if they are buying from us it is reasonable to asume they probably do not have a house affilation yet.

If you can get this setup and open shop I would very much appreciate it. If you run into any problems that you need my help for (ie access to the house coffers) please let me know via this forum and I will address the issue as soon as possible.

For now please do not draw any unwanted attention to yourself. Once you have the go ahead to open shop make a post that you are opening a new show with "competitive" prices and all are welcome to look around. I will need a list of everyone who purchases something from the store at the end of every day.

Thank you,
-House Maravin

3A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 am

Admin

Admin

Just so you both know. We really try to encourage outside the box gameplay and this is a creative idea that we did not take into account. I really like the ingenuity of idea but I have to put a small restriction on it for now.

I will allow a shop like this to be created, but due the limitations of actions available to your house members you will only be able to sell a limited number of actions because your house has a limited number of actions available(Number of members). You would basically be selling your night action. You can do this guised as a store front if you wish. I have no issues with that. Think supply and demand Smile

For now this decision stands tentatively. We (Jezebel and myself, Enzo) will have to collaborate and make a final decision when Jezebel wakes up.

https://daesdaemar.forumotion.com

4A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:51 am

House_Maravin

I assumed something like this might happen.

So, if we wanted to go ahead with this idea, we would only be able to sell 1 "item" and that would replace our ability to perform a night action?

5A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:43 am

Jessea

I'll wait for Jez to wake up before doing anything. The shop isn't set to open until tomorrow anyway.

I think I remember mentioning this idea to her already and she did not seem to mind it then.

I was under the impression that I could buy as many things as I wished for myself so in one night, if I had the gold I could purchase protection, hire a rogue and a hitman.

Is that not correct?

Though if it isn't, this could still work well. If I sell my own night action we can charge higher prices than the general store as the buyer would be able to have two night actions as opposed to one.

6A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 am

Jessea

There is also one other issue my liege. I understand and respect your reasons for keeping complete anonymity. However I do not think it wise for me to hold onto the gold for long.

Sooner or later someone will send a bandit my way. Further, I am a little concerned about the level of security this forum provides. I would feel more comfortable if some of my ideas were for your eyes only.

The decision is yours of course. I just wanted to point out a couple of my concerns.

7A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Admin

Admin

Yea, sorry for the confusion. While we try to leave what you can do with gold to your imagination, and try to reward for that creativity, you can still only purchase 1 item/action from any 1 store a night Wink

8A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Jessea

Excellent, this will work then. We'll be supplying people with two night actions in a night. I need to figure out how to market it.

Sorry causing so much consternation and for flirting with the edge of the rules so often...it's a hard habit to break! Razz

Could we make it so that you send the results of the action to me - which I will then forward on to them?

9A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Jessea

What do you think of these prices, m' liege?

This is what I am thinking about posting:

Ladies and gentlemen, From Bilge to Baubles will soon be opening but I thought I would give you a taste of some of our merchandise.

I need you to recognize that we do not have the large staff of the 'General Store' thus I may have to refer you to my competition on certain nights. However the general store has been holding the common man down for too long. Their prices are too high. It's time for some competition.

Now, I recognize that some of my offerings will require some discretion. Believe me when I say that you will receive that here. The only way to make a profit in this world is through repeat business. Feel free to tell others of your experiences in trading with my store. My goal is to fully satisfy the needs of all my costumers.

I aim to please.

Further you should note, that my shop will provide the opportunity for two actions per night as opposed to being limited to one.

And do not forget that the fox head medallion auction is but one day away! If you wish to avoid those pesky wielders of the one power this may be your only chance.

Let the trade commence!

Protection: Protect Target
40gc - Hire New Recruit – Low Chance
60gc - Hire Town Guard – Medium Chance
90gc - Hire Royal Guard – High Chance

Roleblocking: RoleBlock Target
45gc - Hire Ruffian – Low Chance
80gc - Hire Gleeman – Medium Chance
110gc - Hire Prostitute – High Chance

Tracking: Shows Target of Target.
50gc - Rent Tracking Hound - Low Chance
90gc - Hire Tracker - Medium Chance
100gc - Hire Thief Taker - High Chance

Killing: Kills Target.
80gc - Hired Blade - Low Chance
120gc - Hire Assassin - Medium Chance

Spy Network - nightly silent auction
This action will have a chance to discover random information about a random player.

(ooc The powers that be are allowing me to offer a limited number of these per night. They may be used to double up on your night action - or simply to avoid the expense of the general store.)

10A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:08 pm

House_Maravin

It looks good.

Please rember that you only actualy get to sell 1. So, I would like to know everyone who request's to make a purchase then, we'll decide who is best suited to receive.

I would actually make the prices even lower if possible, so that we only make 10 or so gold off of the sale. To me, the infomation gained by being able to see who wants to buy it is more important than the actual making of money from the transaction.

I look at this as being a way to decide who we don't need to really investigate. So, if someone does not even come to your store but suddently has a bunch of protection, then we can assume that person is affilated with a house and I can ire someone to look into their backgrounds.

As for these forums, I understand your concerns. Unfortunatly, as trust worthy as you seem so far, I still cannot afford to be too careless. Do not think I do not trust you. Far from it... You are the only person I do trust so far.

-House Maravin

11A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Jessea

I can certainly understand that. Do what you feel is best.

I will need to know someone to send the money to at some point. I do not think it is wise for me to just hold on to all of it. Too tempting a target for thieves. Is there anyone you trust to act as an intermediary?

Alternatively is it possible to just donate the money to the house coffers? That may be more a question for Jez or Enzo though.

I think I may send out a portion of this in a personal mail to everyone and post the rest.

You'll probably be getting a mail from me shortly...though I won't realize it's you that I am talking to. Wink I'll be certain to knock another 10 or 20 crowns off the price. We can always adjust things in the future.

12A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 am

House_Maravin

Excellent. Things look great.

Right now i am trying to avoid too many people from having too much information.

so, if jez can let me know what we can do about the money from these sales going into the house coffers i would appreciate that.

thinks look good jessea thank you so much.

13A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:11 am

Admin

Admin

House Coffers and personal funds are kept separate Smile

14A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Admin

Admin

I don't mean to say that you can't send money to the house coffers. You just cannot withdraw money from the house coffers to your personal funds.

Personal to House OK

House to Personal Not OK

15A message to the High lord or lady. Empty Re: A message to the High lord or lady. Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:56 pm

House_Maravin

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum